Friday, May 30, 2008

Vista VPN Connection Problem

We found the solution to why our Vista 64bit SP1 systems were having trouble establishing a VPN connection. It was due to something in the DNSAPI.dll. We disabled the DNS Client service on the systems and they are able to connect just fine.

Since the Windows Event logs were reporting:

“Faulting application svchost.exe_Dnscache, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x47919291, faulting module DNSAPI.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791ace0, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000000000000d64a, process id 0xac8, application start time”

I’m thinking the problem lies with a bad .dll in SP1

No comments: